Information for the Public
Why You Need a CPA
CPAs act as advisers to individuals, businesses, financial institutions, nonprofit organizations and government agencies on a wide range of financial matters. Learn about all the services a CPA has to offer you!
The OSCPA has long been involved with the continuing education and support of financial literacy in the community. This section provides free financial literacy information for consumers, including links for speakers, CPA consultations, free tax tips and more. Get your FREE Financial Fitness Kit here!
Written by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, these consumer-oriented articles are distributed frequently to newspapers and radio and TV stations across the state.
Access to financial calculators for home, personal, investments, retirements and leases.
If you are in need of a speaker for your next meeting, conference or class, consider a CPA. The OSCPA's Speakers Bureau has a diverse group of CPAs that volunteer their time to speak for free on a variety of topics.
Post a Job
Our Job Source posting board is a completely FREE service, and you do not need to be an OSCPA member.
Lesson plans, links and more.
Find a CPA
Free online database of CPAs searchable by name, zip, industry served, services offered or chapter area.
Ask a CPA
The Ask A CPA program is intended to help Oklahomans with financial issues.
When a Disaster Strikes
The threat of Oklahoma spring weather serves as a reminder to ask yourself, are you prepared should a sudden disaster strike? And do you know what to do immediately following a disaster to put yourself back on good financial footing?
Ethics Information for Consumers
CPAs are required to follow a strict code of ethics and perform within the high standards of the profession. This part of the OSCPA site has information about the OSCPA Ethic Committee and Ethics FAQs. If you have a question, please submit it via our Ethics Inquiry form.
Information for media contacts, including a media kit.
Advertise with the OSCPA! The OSCPA offers a variety of advertising opportunities including our CPAFOCUS magazine, multiple enewsletters, online advertising spots and classified advertising.
Help for Taxpayers
Tax calculators, free tax help and more.
Every month, receive our free e-newsletter, Know What Counts, delivered to your email inbox. It includes timely money, savings and investing advice, as well as other interesting news and tips. Subscribe or read archive.
- Learn From Your Tax Return
- Tax time may be over, but before you file away your return, take a moment to review it. You’ll find that you can discover a lot about your financial situation and identify changes that will improve your tax outlook before it’s time to file next year’s return.
- What Are Your Real Retirement Costs?
- A major element of the retirement planning process is calculating the amount of money you need to save in order to live the way you want to during retirement. Here are five important yet often-overlooked retirement costs that you'll want to consider.
- Five of the Worst Things You Can Do With Your Money
- The worst mistakes you can make usually involve those that seem harmless but end up impacting your overall wealth. Here are some money moves you should strive to steer clear of.