Recent Dollars & Sense Articles
December 10, 2013Questions to Ask Before You Volunteer
- The holidays bring out the generosity and giving spirit of others. Many feel the need to volunteer their time in their local community. Before making any decisions, the OSCPA recommends asking important questions.
December 03, 2013’Tis the Season for Charitable Contributions
- During the holidays, nonprofits ramp up their efforts to raise money before the end of the year. There’s a good reason—it’s a great time for taxpayers to donate to charity and receive a tax break in return.
November 26, 2013Online Shopping Mistakes to Avoid
- Another record number of consumers are expected to shop online this holiday season, make your experience more merry by avoiding these mistakes.
November 19, 2013Control Holiday Spending
- It's the time of year when people spend money on gifts and celebrations. Here is how to use your money wisely and avoid putting a major dent in your budget.
November 12, 2013Buying or Leasing a Car: Determine What’s Best for You
- Are you in the market for a new car and wondering whether you should lease or buy? Here are some options to consider before you sign on the dotted line.