March 10, 2015Three Tax Tips Targeted to Baby Boomers
- The Baby Boom generation, the children born in the post-World War II years between 1946 and 1964, includes about 76 million people. 1 Now that generation is heading into retirement, with roughly 10,000 Boomers expected to retire every day between...
March 03, 20156 Tips to Organizing Tax Records
- With less than two months until the April 15 tax deadline, now is a great time to start maintaining and securing records of your personal information for next year’s tax filing — or to get your financial house in order before filing this year.
February 27, 2015Five Tax Deductions Not to Overlook
- Get the details on frequently missed deductions that you should not overlook as you prepare to file your taxes this year.
February 18, 2015Tax Planning Update for Same-Sex Couples
- Currently, same-sex marriage is legal in 36 states and the District of Columbia. Here are some of the tax planning issues facing the growing list of couples affected by these legal changes.
February 10, 2015Guard Against Tax Return and Other Forms of ID Theft
- Identity theft is one of the fastest growing crimes nationwide, and tax refund fraud caused by identity theft is a major challenge facing taxpayers. The OSCPA offers the following advice to help you guard against tax return and other forms of...