Recent Dollars & Sense Articles
April 15, 2014Free Financial Kits Offered Statewide
- April is National Financial Capability Month and the Oklahoma Jump$tart Coalition is observing Jump$tart Your Money (JYM) Week, April 20-26. Helping to promote financial education, the OSCPA is offering free Financial Fitness Kits.
April 08, 2014Put Miscellaneous Deductions to Work
- Whether you’ve already filed your taxes or you’re about to file, are you sure you claimed all the deductions you’re due? Here is an overview of the miscellaneous deductions that could significantly reduce your tax bill.
April 01, 2014The Do's and Don'ts for Paying your Tax Bill
- When April 15 rolls around, many will find that they owe money instead of getting a refund. Here are a few ways to settle your bill.
March 25, 2014The IRS Has $760 Million in Unclaimed Refunds
- According to the IRS, 918,000 taxpayers are owed refunds from 2010. If you failed to file a tax return for that year, your window to claim your refund is closing. Find out why and what you need to do.
March 18, 2014Tax Deductions: The Odd and Often Overlooked
- Deduction and credits can help lower tax bills and save taxpayers money. Here is a closer look at what you can deduct and not deduct from your taxes.