Recent Dollars & Sense Articles
July 22, 201410 Ways to Trim Your Back-to-School Budget
- Spending on back-to-school items is expected to be higher this year and many families already have a budget stretched thin. Here are ways to ace your back-to-school budget.
July 15, 2014Your Midyear Financial Tune Up
- The year is half over and now is a good time to check up on your financial situation. Here is some advice on how to gage your status and make any necessary corrections.
July 09, 2014Renting vs. Buying a Home
- Buying a home is one of the biggest investments most people will make in their lives. Before starting your search, take a look at the pros and cons.
July 01, 2014Essential Tax Tips for Newlyweds
- Marriage is a major commitment and like most milestones in life, there are tax consequences to take into consideration. Here is some tax advice for newlyweds.
June 24, 2014Tips for Slashing Summer Cooling Costs
- Utility bills can eat up your budget, especially during the hot summer months. Find out how you can trim costs, stay cool and beat the heat.