Recent Dollars & Sense Articles
March 04, 2014Tax Tips for the Unemployed
- When you find yourself out of work it’s important to remember taxes and other financial planning. Here are a few tips to help you address tax concerns during your job hunt.
February 25, 2014Five Steps to Achieving Your Financial Goals
- Do you know what you want to do now, next year, or five or ten years down the road? No matter your objectives, there’s a sound financial plan that will put you in a better position to achieve them. Here is a five-step plan to achieving your...
February 18, 2014Do you Need to Hire CPA?
- More and more taxpayers are opting to file their own taxes, but are you certain you are minimizing what you owe and maximizing what stays in your pockets? This is how certified public accountants (CPAs) can help.
February 11, 2014What You Should Know about Taxes and Social Security Benefits
- Will you have to ante up to Uncle Sam when you begin to collect Social Security? If you’re not certain—or if you’re currently being taxed on your benefits—the Oklahoma Society of Certified Public Accountants offers advice on ways to minimize your...
February 04, 2014Tackling Taxes if You’re Self-Employed
- Tax time can be challenging when you’re self-employed. Here are answers to some of the most frequent tax questions self-employed individuals have and tips to help lower your tax bill.