May 11, 2016Six Ways to Use Summer Vacation to Teach Kids about Money
- The Oklahoma Society of Certified Public Accountants recommends using the time off to teach valuable life lessons in personal finance—in addition to having fun, of course.
May 11, 2016What If You Missed the Tax Deadline?
- You flip your calendar to the month of May, and it makes you think of warmer weather and sunny days. Then you realize something awful: You forgot to file your tax return by this year’s April 18 deadline! What can you do?
April 26, 2016Your Personal Tax Season Re-Cap
- Did you owe money when you filed your 2015 tax return? Or maybe you received a large refund instead. If so, you should make sure you understand why and what steps you can take to correct it.
April 19, 2016Free Financial Kits Offered Statewide
- Helping promote financial education, the OSCPA is offering Financial Fitness Kits through more than 100 public libraries and online.
April 12, 20167 Hints for Appealing an IRS Decision
- What happens if you disagree with an Internal Revenue Service determination about your taxes? There are options available to you if you'd like to plead your case.