Disaster Relief News and Resources
- (800) 621-FEMA
- American Red Cross
- (800) 733-2767
- Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma
- (405) 972-1111
- Oklahoma Office of Homeland Security
- (405) 425-7296
American Red Cross Safe and Well: Search for friends and family or list yourself as safe and well (for mobile users).
- Disaster Recovery: A Guide to Financial Issues
Disasters also take a financial toll. This booklet is written to help you regain a sense of financial balance following a disaster by offering suggestions on steps to take immediately, what to do in the initial weeks and months, and how to begin planning again for the future. Brought to you by the AICPA Foundation, the American Red Cross and the National Endowment for Financial Education.
- Disasters and Financial Planning: A Guide to Preparedness
Disasters, whether natural or man-made, usually strike quickly and without warning. You and your family may have little or no time to decide what to do next. That’s why it is so important to plan for the possibility of disaster — and not wait until it happens. Brought to you by the AICPA Foundation, the American Red Cross and the National Endowment for Financial Education.
- Disaster Relief Resources for Charities and Contributors
In the aftermath of a disaster or in other emergency hardship situations, individuals, employers and corporations often are interested in providing assistance to victims through a charitable organization. The IRS provides a number of resources to help those involved in providing disaster relief through charities.
- From the OSCPA's 2013 Financial Fitness Kit: Money Management During a Crisis
- American Red Cross Tornado App for iPhone and for Android
- AICPA Benevolent Fund: The AICPA’s thoughts are with the communities impacted by the recent devastation from the tornados in Oklahoma. This is an extraordinary time, and the AICPA Benevolent Fund is prepared to help AICPA members through the financial challenges they may face in the coming days and weeks.
Donation Information:OKC Donation and Drop Off Locations
To donate via text:
- Text "STORM" to 80888 to donate $10 to Salvation Army
- Text "REDCROSS" to 90999 to donate $10 to Red Cross Disaster Relief
- Text "FOOD" to 3233 to donate $10 to the Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma
If you have office space available to other OSCPA members who are experiencing business interruption as a result of the storms, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
OSCPA American Red Cross Online Donation Site: Please join the Oklahoma Society of CPAs Member Giving Campaign to support the American Red Cross to help our communities recover and rebuild from the spring storms.
News and Headlines:
OTC Extends Tax Relief to Tornado Victims
IRS Offers Disaster Assistance for Oklahoma; Return Filing and Tax Payment Deadlines Extended to Sept. 30
President Obama to Visit Oklahoma
Tax and Other Financial Considerations After a Natural Disaster
Post Disaster Financial Q&A