Investing in the Future - How the Educational Foundation Makes a Difference
The Educational Foundation is a nonprofit 501(c)3 corporation that promotes the accounting profession by offering scholarships to Oklahoma's most promising accounting students. Generous contributions from our businesses, communities and, most importantly, our members, allow us to award scholarships and promote the mission of the Foundation.
The Educational Foundation is comprised of nine OSCPA members, including the immediate past president, the chairperson of the Liaison with Educational Institutions Committee and seven additional members.
Each year, the Educational Foundation raises money through donations and fundraisers. Scholarship winners are selected in the spring and distribution occurs the following August. Scholarships of varying amounts ($500 - $2,500) are awarded to OSCPA student members who meet the following qualifications:
- Successful completion of at least six hours of principles of accounting;
- Enrollment in an Oklahoma university for the upcoming fall semester;
- Current accounting major; and
- Actively seeking a Bachelor's or advanced degree.
Types of Scholarships
In addition to general scholarships awarded, the OSCPA is also proud to offer the following scholarships to notable accounting students:
- Beale Scholarship: Awarded to a full-time accounting student who has completed a minimum of 60 college credits, including 15 credits in accounting.
- Bickerstaff Scholarship: Awarded to outstanding accounting students residing in or attending a university located in northwestern Oklahoma.
- Byford Scholarship: Awarded to a full-time accounting student who is attending Oklahoma State University and also meets general fund scholarship requirements.
- Community College Scholarship: Awarded to a student majoring in accounting at an Oklahoma community college.
- Duggan Scholarship: Preference is given to applicants who have been admitted to a Master of Accountancy program and who intend to pursue a career in accounting.
- Fairbairn Scholarship: Awarded to a female student(s) enrolled in a four or five-year accounting program.
- Gray Scholarship: Awarded to outstanding accounting students attending East Central University or the University of Oklahoma.
- Hill Scholarship: Awarded at the discretion of the Board of Trustees to an accounting student who satisfies the eligibility requirements noted above.
- Kells Scholarship: Awarded to an accounting student working part-time while attending school full-time.
- Steelman Scholarship: Awarded to a UCO student pursuing a degree in accounting, expressing a primary interest in tax.
- Thomas Scholarship: Awarded to a full-time accounting student attending either UCO or Cameron University.
- Thurman Business Scholarship: Awarded to a student attending Oklahoma City Community College.
The Foundation also awards a $500 High School Scholarship to one Oklahoma high school senior planning to major in accounting at an Oklahoma college or university.
Occasionally, chapters of the OSCPA provide scholarships to the Educational Foundation, generally with stipulations that the recipient be a student or resident of the chapter area.
Support Oklahoma's Accounting Future
A huge thank you to our most recent campaign supporters!