Investing in the Future - How the Educational Foundation Makes a Difference
The Educational Foundation is a nonprofit 501(c)3 corporation that promotes the accounting profession by offering scholarships to Oklahoma's most promising accounting students. Generous contributions from our businesses, communities and, most importantly, our members, allow us to award scholarships and promote the mission of the Foundation.
The Educational Foundation is comprised of nine OSCPA members, including the immediate past president, the chairperson of the Liaison with Educational Institutions Committee and seven additional members.
Each year, the Educational Foundation raises money through donations and fundraisers and begins accepting scholarship applications in January. Scholarship winners are selected in April and distribution occurs the following August. Scholarships of varying amounts ($250 - $2,500) are awarded to OSCPA student members who meet the following qualifications:
- Successful completion of at least six hours of principles of accounting;
- Enrollment in an Oklahoma university for the upcoming fall semester;
- Current accounting major; and
- Actively seeking a Bachelor's or advanced degree.
Types of Scholarships
The Educational Foundation awards various scholarships annually:
- Retha Duggan Scholarship: Named after a former Executive Director of the OSCPA, is based on funds provided by the OSCPA. Where possible, preference is given to persons who have been admitted to the Master of Accountancy program and who intend upon a career in accounting.
- Ruthann Fairbairn Scholarship: Named after a dedicated CPA devoted to furthering female professionals. Earnings from this endowed account are awarded annually to a female accounting student at an Oklahoma college or university. The award may be allocated among two highly qualified applicants.
The Foundation also awards a $500 High School Scholarship to one Oklahoma high school senior planning to major in accounting at an Oklahoma college or university.
Occasionally, chapters of the OSCPA provide scholarships to the Educational Foundation, generally with stipulations that the recipient be a student or resident of the chapter area.
Support Oklahoma's Accounting Future
A huge thank you to our most recent campaign supporters!
Helps raise money for individual scholarships for accounting students.