We would like to send a big "THANK YOU!" to all of our current CPA-PAC Donors!
How Does the CPA-PAC Benefit CPAs?
- By providing an opportunity to support candidates who understand the special needs and concerns of CPAs.
- By providing the opportunity to share the accounting profession's position on legislation to lawmakers who may not be in philosophical agreement with the profession.
- By holding candidates accountable for their actions as legislators. CPA-PAC fiscally supports legislators during election time who support the profession with their votes.
How Are Contributions to the CPA-PAC Used?
- PAC funding is valuable to candidates because they don't incur the costs of soliciting individual contributions. Instead, our CPA-PAC conducts the solicitation and accepts the cost of raising money. However, the value of personal contributions is doubly effective.
- Our CPA-PAC delivers messages about relevant accounting issues while providing financial support.
- Contributions given through the CPA-PAC have a statewide impact on political campaigns and expand our influence beyond individual legislative districts.
How to Make a CPA-PAC Contribution
- OSCPA members are eligible to become members of the CPA-PAC by contributing a minimum of $40.
- "Individual” contributions are those made with a member’s individual personal funds in their name. This is important because it is only this type of donation we receive that can be contributed directly to a candidate.
- "Corporate” contributions are those made in the member’s name with funds from a member’s firm or business. The CPA-PAC uses these funds to administer the PAC and pay for political- related expenses, including education and the Legislative Contact Program.
You can make a donation online or write your checks payable to CPA/PAC and mail to CPA/PAC, 1900 NW Expressway, Ste 910, Oklahoma City, OK 73118-1898.