108 | In Person Training | Intermediate | Scheduled
CFO Series Day 1 - Strategy and Critical Thinking Skills
Monday, August 26, 2019 8:30am - 4:00pm
This course in the CFO Series focuses on the following four modules:
- Accounting Fast and Slow: Thinking About Analysis
- Avoid Failure: Succeed Through Experimentation
- Aligning Budgets to Strategy: The Key to Profitability
- The Finance Team of Tomorrow
Our CFO Series provides a convenient, one-stop way for CFOs and those who aspire to be CFOs to choose an entire year's worth of CPE with a single decision. The CFO Series consists of eight courses spread over four months. The CFO Series features high-quality presentations and an interactive, executive level colleague-to-colleague approach.
OSCPA MEMBERS: BUY TWO OR MORE AND SAVE! Every member who registers for more than one course in the CFO Series can receive 15% off. Just add two or more of the CFO Series courses to your cart and enter the promo code CFOSERIES when checking out online.
- Discuss four strategy and critical thinking issues.
- Richard A. Karwic (view bio)
CPAs who are, or aspire to be, chief financial officers. The course will focus discussions on medium-sized organizations.
- Accounting Fast and Slow: Thinking About Analysis - Examine Kahneman and Tversky's groundbreaking work and its implications on us, our companies and the accounting profession
- Avoid Failure: Succeed Through Experimentation - Start down a path of continuous achievement by learning how to experiment and create enduring progress
- Aligning Budgets to Strategy: The Key to Profitability - Explore a practical planning approach that aligns spending to long-term strategy and creates a culture of accountability and responsibility
- Create a model for your organization's future growth and profitability
- The Finance Team of Tomorrow - Discuss current best practices that you may not have implemented and other techniques that are likely to become best practices of the future
- CFO Series courses provide extensive case study analysis and many opportunities for group discussion
Richard A. Karwic
Richard A. Karwic, MBA, is a management consultant with over 40 years of relevant financial and managerial experience. In addition to 15 years of broad-based management consulting, he has over 15 years of experience as Chief Financial Officer for several diverse businesses in a wide variety of industries. He has worked in over 100 businesses, including several divisions of well-known Fortune 500 companies. Richard lives in Wethersfield, Connecticut.