110 | In Person Training | Update | Scheduled
Governmental Accounting and Auditing Update
Thursday, September 19, 2019 8:30am - 4:00pm
Don't let recent developments slip by you. Understand the latest on governmental accounting and auditing with this fast-paced interactive course that analyzes the recent GASB requirements for governments and provides an understanding of OMB and Yellow Book requirements.
- Apply the most recent requirements of the GASB directed toward governments.
- Recall key points related to the latest developments in OMB and Yellow Book requirements.
- Identify recent activities of the AICPA.
- James Buckley (view bio)
Accounting and finance personnel responsible for accounting and financial reporting for governments and auditors of government entities
- Federal government activities
- Accounting standards updates
- ASB Clarity Project
- Key changes in audit requirements resulting from the ASB Clarity Project
- GASB activities
James Buckley, CPA, is an audit manager with PricewaterhouseCoopers in Detroit, Mich. Buckley has more than 10 years progressive governmental accounting experience. Previously, he was the controller for the city of Port Huron, Mich., and a senior tax specialist and accountant. Buckley is also a member of a national task force to develop guidance and training for implementation of GASB 34 and 35 and a committee member of the Michigan Committee on Governmental Accounting and Auditing.