111 | In Person Training | Advanced | Scheduled
K2's Advanced QuickBooks Tips and Techniques - VIRTUAL
Wednesday, August 26, 2020 8:30am - 12:00pm
Pandemic Update: With all the changes this pandemic has brought, we understand you may have questions and concerns regarding continuing education offered by the Society. The safety of our attendees, discussion leaders and staff is always top of mind and our number one priority is to continue offering CPE options as safely as possible with the same quality and quantity you have come to expect. Please visit our Pandemic and OSCPA CPE: What to Expect page for more information.
QuickBooks remains one of the leading accounting solutions for small and growing businesses and Intuit has added numerous advanced features to the application over the past few releases. In this seminar, you will learn how to take advantage of many of QuickBooks' new and advanced features to solve important issues. For example, you will learn advanced inventory management techniques, including the ability to change the default costing methodology in QuickBooks, and implementing lot and serial number tracking. You will also learn how to build complete sets of financial statements in Excel that link in real-time to underlying QuickBooks data files and how to create multi-company financial statements. Additionally, you will learn how to put the Client Data Review feature to work to streamline the process of identifying and correcting errors and closing accounting periods in QuickBooks. Knowing how to take advantage of the advanced tools and features available can determine your level of success when working with QuickBooks. Take advantage of this opportunity to learn about QuickBooks' "deep" features so that you maximize your effectiveness with the application.
- Identify techniques for handling advanced reporting issues, including the QuickBooks Statement Writer, linking QuickBooks data into other applications via Open Database Connectivity, and multi-company reporting.
- Manage inventory more effectively in QuickBooks, including using Items, changing inventory costing methodologies, creating assembly items, adjusting inventory quantities and valuations, and list the advantages associated with QuickBooks' Advanced Inventory add-in.
- Differentiate between key techniques for exchanging QuickBooks data with others, including QuickBooks Accountants' Copy feature, Portable Company Files, and backup files.
- Utilize QuickBooks Client Data Review feature to streamline the process of cleaning up QuickBooks data files and closing accounting periods.
- Brian F. Tankersley (view bio)
Accounting and financial professionals who want to learn about advanced features and techniques associated with QuickBooks
This course is also offered as a live stream.
- Exchanging QuickBooks data with others
- Advanced financial and operational reporting issues
- Managing inventory with QuickBooks, including costing and manufacturing
- Integrating QuickBooks with other applications
Brian F. Tankersley
Brian F. Tankersley, CPA, CITP, CGMA, is the Technology Editor for The CPA Practice Advisor magazine. He teaches courses nationally through K2 Enterprises and is a senior faculty member with Becker CPA Review. Tankersley is a Certified Information Technology Professional, a Chartered Global Management Accountant and makes his home in Farragut, Tenn.