112 | In Person Training | Intermediate | Scheduled
Excel Tips, Tricks and Techniques for Accountants
Monday, July 30, 2018 8:30am - 4:00pm
Excel is the accountant's tool of choice for analyzing and reporting financial data, yet many use time-consuming and error-prone processes to complete everyday tasks. Regardless of your level of experience, if you use Excel, you need this course to learn more efficient and effective ways to work with Excel. In this course, you will learn countless tips, tricks and techniques to improve your general level of productivity, reduce the amount of time you spend on mundane tasks, such as formatting, and customize Excel for greater accuracy and efficiency. You will also learn valuable formula-building skills, best practices for linking Excel data from other worksheets and workbooks and how to streamline report generation and printing processes. Throughout the program, your K2 instructor will reinforce key learning points with practical, real-world examples that will improve your understanding and comprehension of the topics presented. This highly acclaimed course draws on more than twenty-five years of experience in delivering spreadsheet training to accounting and financial professionals, which assures you of the relevance and usefulness of the information and guidance provided during the program.
- Identify situations in which various Excel features can increase productivity and apply each of these techniques in context, such as Freeze Panes, Split Windows, selecting cells with special characteristics, AutoCorrect, the Office Clipboard and Paste Special.
- Implement tools and techniques for formatting data in Excel, including multiline column headings, the Accounting Format, custom date and number formats and Conditional Formatting.
- Customize Excel's user environment, including the Ribbon and the Quick Access Toolbar, adjust Excel's Options to improve efficiency and create and use Templates to increase efficiency and productivity.
- Utilize various formula building tools to create formulas more efficiently and create various types of formulas, including formulas to manipulate text and dates, formulas containing VLOOKUP and HLOOKUP functions, formulas that contain conditional calculations and formulas that contain circular references.
- Link data across multiple Excel worksheets and workbooks, update and manage links and create sum-through formulas and rolling reports.
- Implement procedures for producing Excel-based reports, including adjusting print settings, using the Camera feature to create report forms and working with Custom Views to automate print settings.
- Steven M. Phelan (view bio)
Accounting and financial professionals who want to learn how to use Excel more efficiently and effectively
- Productivity tips and tricks
- Formatting essentials
- Customizing Excel
- Formula building essentials
- Linking data and three-dimensional workbooks
- Printing essentials
Steven M. Phelan
Steven M. Phelan, CPA, CITP, manages an accounting practice based in Oklahoma City. His areas of practice include taxation, accounting, business advisory and technology consulting services. He is a national speaker for K2 Enterprises and covers a variety of computer software and technology related topics.