119 | In Person Training | Intermediate | Scheduled
CFO Series Day 5 - Essential Skills
Monday, October 21, 2019 8:30am - 4:00pm
This course in the CFO Series focuses on the following four modules:
- Beyond Traditional Budgeting: Using Performance Metrics for Planning and Control
- Pricing for Profitability: Why Cost Matters
- Contemporary Cost Concepts: Understanding Activity-Based Costing
- Communicating Financial Information to Non-Accountants
Our CFO Series provides a convenient, one-stop way for CFOs and those who aspire to be CFOs to choose an entire year's worth of CPE with a single decision. The CFO Series consists of eight courses spread over four months. The CFO Series features high-quality presentations and an interactive, executive level colleague-to-colleague approach.
OSCPA MEMBERS: BUY TWO OR MORE AND SAVE! Every member who registers for more than one course in the CFO Series can receive 15% off. Just add two or more of the CFO Series courses to your cart and enter the promo code CFOSERIES when checking out online.
- Discuss four essential skills for CFOs.
- Don Minges (view bio)
CPAs who are, or aspire to be, chief financial officers who are in medium-sized organizations.
- Beyond Traditional Budgeting: Using Performance Metrics for Planning and Control - Learn how to use performance metrics to reduce forecasting work and improve financial control and manager engagement in department's numbers
- Pricing for Profitability: Why Cost Matters - Leave the course understanding why the company with the best cost information wins
- Contemporary Cost Concepts: Understanding Activity-Based Costing - Gain common-sense activity-based costing techniques that will immediately affect the bottom line
- Communicating Financial Information to Non-Accountants - Learn how to connect with your CEO, board, fellow managers and team members so they understand your message. Learn to motivate them to action
- CFO Series courses provide extensive case study analysis and many opportunities for group discussion
Don Minges, MBA, is a fractional CFO who worked in diverse industries at various development stages. He has experience in profitability enhancement, strategic planning, venture capital, mergers & acquisitions, consulting, turnarounds, economic forecasting, cost accounting and financial analysis. Don has experience raising equity for several growing firms and has invested equity capital into promising businesses. He has served on the Board of Directors for many firms. He graduated with highest honors from the Fuqua School of Business at Duke.