134 | OSCPA Live | September 27
Applying the Uniform Guidance in Your Single Audits
Tuesday, September 27, 2022 8:30am - 4:00pm
This course provides you with the knowledge to be more efficient and effective at planning and performing audits in accordance with the requirements of the Uniform Guidance and the Single Audit Act. Make sure your skills are up-to-date with the latest information in this challenging audit area.
Virtual Option: Can't join us in person? Join us online by signing up for the virtual seminar here!
When you complete this course you will be able to:
- Analyze the relationship of the Single Audit Act and the OMB Uniform Guidance.
- Identify the types of guidance and requirements found in the Uniform Guidance.
- Identify fundamental auditee and auditor responsibilities related to a compliance audit of federal awards.
- Determine major federal programs.
- Determine the requirements of the single audit as it relates to understanding internal control, assessing the level of control risk, and testing the effectiveness of internal control relative to federal awards.
- Identify the single audit requirements for testing the direct and material compliance requirements for major programs.
- Determine reporting requirements.
- Identify the audit and reporting requirements for program-specific audits.
- Michele Kemp (view bio)
Auditors performing single audit engagements, internal financial staff of governments, and staff of not-for-profit entities interacting with auditors
- Introduction to single audits
- Preparation of the schedule of expenditures of federal awards and determining major programs
- Understanding, assessing, and testing internal control
- Testing compliance with federal statutes and regulations and applicable compliance requirements
- Auditor reporting in a Uniform Guidance compliance audit
- Program-specific audits
- Administrative requirements and cost principles in a single audit
Michele Kemp, CPA The Kemp Firm, LLC was established in 2011 in Little Rock, Arkansas and is solely owned by Michele Kemp. She began her public accounting career at BKD, LLP, where she left as a Manager to start her own firm. Michele has over 22 years of experience providing a variety of services that include assurance, tax, training, and business consulting. Michele spends the majority of her time consulting with organizations to improve operational functionality, leadership and management training, and effective use of technologies. Additionally, she instructs for the AICPA and private organizations on various topics including governmental and not-for-profit updates, accounting and auditing standards, risk assessment and internal control design, fraud schemes and staff level trainings. Michele received a Bachelor of Science in Accounting and a Bachelor of Science in Economics and Finance from Arkansas Tech University. She also graduated with a Masters of Accountancy from the University of Central Arkansas. Michele is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and member and instructor for the Arkansas Society of Certified Public Accountants. Accountants.