1626909 | Webcasts & Webinars | Intermediate | Scheduled
Circular 230 Tips for Today's Tax Practitioner
Thursday, December 13, 2018 7:00am - 9:00am
This course will provide an update of the Circular 230 regulations, which applies to all CPAs, attorneys, enrolled agents and registered tax return preparers and governs the preparation of tax returns and practice before the IRS. Violation of the standards can lead to fines, penalties and suspension of your PTIN. Anyone performing tax services must understand the rules of the game!
**Please Note: If you need credit reported to the IRS for this IRS approved program, please download the IRS CE request form on the Course Materials Tab and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Determine the "hot" ethical issues facing tax practitioners
- Gain a fast response to latest developments
- Douglas J. Van Der Aa (view bio)
Practitioners who prepare tax returns and are active in marketing their services.
- Scope of Circular 230
- Elimination of Limited Practice privilege
- Ongoing IRS efforts to regulate tax preparers
- Advertising and solicitation limits
- Incompetence and disreputable conduct
- Sanctions and enforcement
- Interaction with SSTS and Section 6694 Preparer Penalties
Douglas J. Van Der Aa
Doug Van Der Aa, CPA, J.D., has been a discussion leader for Federal Tax Workshops, Inc., for the past 10 years. He has extensive experience in leading discussions in conferences, seminars and webinars. Doug has over 20 years of experience, including tax practice in CPA firms and the practice of transactional business and real estate law as an attorney. Formerly, Doug was a tax manager with Hungerford, Aldrin, Nichols & Carter, P.C. in Grand Rapids, Michigan, where his practice concentrated on the tax needs of mid-sized closely held businesses, with their related pass-through entities, complex individual returns including AMT issues, together with their estates and trusts.