200 | In Person Training | Update | Cancelled
Annual Update and Practice Issues for Preparation, Compilation and Review Engagements
Friday, May 17, 2019 8:30am - 4:00pm
A go-to reference for training staff and managing your preparation, compilation and review engagements. This course will enable you to be in compliance with all of the professional standards surrounding engagements performed in accordance with Statements on Standards for Accounting and Review Services (SSARS). A practice-oriented review of the latest developments, cases and lively discussion among the experienced participants make this class informative and practical.
- Identify the professional standards and risk factors relevant to the planning and performance of preparation, compilation and review engagements, including engagements on pro forma and prospective financial information.
- Identify responses to preparation, compilation and review engagement practice issues that comply with all applicable professional standards.
- Thomas Newell (view bio)
CPA firm seniors (and above) managing engagements performed in accordance with SSARS
- Overview of preparation, compilation and review guidance
- Accounting and reporting issues
- Current practice issues
- Common deficiencies in peer reviews
- Current and future standard setting projects
- Special Purpose Framework financial statement issues
- Case studies
- Latest developments
Thomas (Tom) E. Newell, Jr., CPA, is a shareholder in the firm of Newell & Newell, P.C. located in Columbus, Ga. He graduated cum laude from Georgia Southwestern College in Americus, GA in 1980. Newell started his firm with his wife Silvia Newell, CPA, in 1986; prior to that, his public accounting experience included both local firms and international firms. He is an active peer reviewer having performed over 200 reviews and has been involved with the peer review program since 1989.