208 | In Person Training | Update | Scheduled
Annual Accounting Update and Review for Accountants in Industry
Monday, September 23, 2019 8:30am - 4:00pm
Every participant who attends this fast-paced fact filled executive overview session will receive a comprehensive hear-it-today, apply-it-tomorrow overview of new accounting standards issued by the Financial Accounting Standards Board and, when and if applicable, the AICPA. This session will include coverage of the recently issued standard-setting pronouncements and pending exposure drafts: Output of the Financial Accounting Standards Board will be addressed, as well as certain AICPA Accounting-related Statements of Position. In addition, attendees will be presented with insights into the effective and efficient presentation of information in the form of financial statements and disclosures thereto. "
- Gain a practical, results-oriented review of the new matters addressed by accounting standard setters.
- Evaluate the applicability of the new standards to individual circumstances as well as apply the standards.
- Gary A. Hotchkiss (view bio)
CPAs and professionals in corporate finance
- Additions to, and amendments of, the Accounting Standards Codification issued by the Financial Accounting Standards Board
- Matters related to the presentation and disclosure of financial statements
- Statements of Position of the AICPA Accounting Standards Executive Committee
Gary A. Hotchkiss
Gary A. Hotchkiss, CPA, is a sole practitioner in Dallas consulting on accounting and audit technical issues. He served as a chief financial officer in the high-tech manufacturing industry and has been a member of the AICPA Auditing Standards Board and manager in the AICPA Examinations Division. Mr. Hotchkiss has taught at Pace University and the University of Texas and he has received outstanding discussion leader awards from the AICPA and the state societies of CPAs in Florida, Nevada and Texas.