208 | In Person Training | Update | Scheduled
Practical Accounting Update for Industry - VIRTUAL
Tuesday, October 20, 2020 8:30am - 4:00pm
Pandemic Update: With all the changes this pandemic has brought, we understand you may have questions and concerns regarding continuing education offered by the Society. The safety of our attendees, discussion leaders and staff is always top of mind and our number one priority is to continue offering CPE options as safely as possible with the same quality and quantity you have come to expect. Please visit our Pandemic and OSCPA CPE: What to Expect page for more information.
You might feel like you're always a step behind the always-evolving accounting standards, but please don't despair. You'll catch up with this practical course, where you'll obtain an overview of the current and forthcoming accounting and reporting issues that impact your job and your firm. Your instructor will walk you through recently implemented and proposed pronouncements, and will enable you to understand what is changing and why.
*Please note: This event will be held as an online-only virtual event.
- Understand the latest guidance for practitioners.
- Review case examples that apply the guidance to business contexts.
- Anticipate future proposals and their potential impact on firms, practices, and the economy.
- Michael Kraten
CPAs in industry and public practice
- The latest Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) standards
- Significant FASB projects on the horizon
- New asset implementation, liability accrual, and revenue recogition practices
- Case based focus on selected industries
- Guidance and examples regarding financial disclosures
- Financial reporting for small and medium sized entities, and other specialized frameworks