2582W | Virtual Training | Update | Scheduled
OSCPA's 2021 Federal Tax Update - VIRTUAL
Friday, November 12, 2021 8:00am - 4:00pm
Pandemic Update: With all the changes this pandemic has brought, we understand you may have questions and concerns regarding continuing education offered by the Society. The safety of our attendees, discussion leaders and staff is always top of mind and our number one priority is to continue offering CPE options as safely as possible with the same quality and quantity you have come to expect. Please visit our Pandemic and OSCPA CPE: What to Expect page for more information.
Ron Roberson, CPA, back by popular demand!
This one-day, no-frills program, taught by nationally-known speaker, Ron Roberson, CPA, will address all of the changes that affect business entities and individuals in the current year, as well as a detailed analysis of how the new tax laws will affect your business and individual tax clients. This course, kept up-to-date through the day before the course, will include the latest modifications from TCJA and extender bills as well as other relevant IRS notices, announcements and rulings and court cases for individuals and corporations.
Material will be updated up until the conference.
- Morning Session - Federal Tax Update (Business)
- Afternoon Session - Federal Tax Update (Individual)
Attendees can earn up to 8 hours of recommended CPE credit and 8 hours of CLE (Continuing Legal Education) credit.
In-Person Option: Would you rather join us in Oklahoma City? Register here to attend in-person.
- Understand recent developments as they impact businesses and individuals.
- Analyze entity choice and understand how to elect the proper entity.
- Gain reliable and proactive tax planning advice.
- Ron Roberson (view bio)
CPAs in public practice and industry who need the latest information on recent administrative and legislative federal tax updates
Morning Session - Federal Tax Update (Business)
- Explanation and example forms for the PPP loan forgiveness rules, including tax reporting and Forms 3508 and 3508 EZ, expense adjustments and all of the latest SBA and IRS guidance
- Payroll-related changes
- General business changes
- Changes to partnerships
- In-depth accounting methods
- The QBI's latest guidance
- Depreciation - the new QIP rules and fixes
- Tax exempt reporting clarification
Afternoon Session - Federal Tax Update (Individual)
- New revised forms for 2021
- In-depth coverage of the biggest retirement plan change year since 1986
- New charity rules
- Stimulus credit
- Court cases on "real estate professionals" and passive losses
- Estate and gifts
- Foreign reporting requirements
- New IRS rules, guidance and breaks
- Guidance in problem areas on mortgage interest, vacation rentals and virtual currency
- 2021 debt forgiveness
Ron Roberson, CPA is a well-known tax lecturer who has more than 20 years of experience teaching throughout the United States. Ron annually speaks to thousands of tax professionals about the latest business and personal tax law developments, using his sense of humor and friendly speaking style to keep people coming back year after year. In addition to authoring multiple tax articles and manuals, Ron also continues to work with his partner in a tax and accounting practice in Sonora, Cali. Ron includes real-life examples from his practice to make tax issues come alive and help complicated subject matter make more sense.