2583 | In Person Training | Update | Scheduled
OSCPA's Two-Day 2018 Federal Tax Update
Thursday, January 17, 2019 8:30am - Friday, January 18, 2019 4:30pm
This two-day program will provide an in-depth look at the intricacies of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 and any other recent administrative and legislative federal updates affecting individuals, estates, businesses, partnerships and corporations. Attendees will enjoy the team teaching approach and will have the opportunity to share in conversation on key topics. Plan to leave this cannot-miss event with a clearer view of the new tax laws, planning opportunities and new connections.
HOTEL ACCOMODATIONS: Sleeping rooms are available at the Sheraton Midwest City Hotel at the Reed Conference Center. Rooms are available through December 18 for a special rate of $109 per night. To make your reservation, click here or call the Sheraton at (800) 325-3535 and mention you are with the Oklahoma Society of CPAs' event.
PARKING: Self-parking is available at no charge to all attendees and hotel guests.
BONUS: Attendees get the choice of one of the following bonus items with a two-day Federal Tax Update course registration:
- Free 8-hour simulcast (a $240 value) - Attend your favorite seminar or conference for free from the comfort of your home or office. Choose any 8-hour simulcast course from the 2018 or 2019 catalogs. Contact the Learning Department to register for your free simulcast of choice.
- Free CPA Referral Listing for one year (a $75+ value) - Looking to grow and expand your practice? Let us help with a free one-year listing of your firm on www.FindYourCPA.com through the OSCPA's CPA Referral service program. Must be an OSCPA member. One referral per firm.
- Free custom Town Hall in your office (a $500 value) - Stay dialed in to today's important professional issues. Presented by OSCPA President & CEO, Blaine Peterson, CPA, JD, this customized Town Hall will keep your staff up to date on industry trends and regulatory changes. Requires registration of 3 or more attendees to the two-day Federal Tax Update. One custom Town Hall per firm/company.
Notice from the OSCPA:
It has been brought to our attention some members have received marketing messages from a former business partner of the OSCPA which has led to some confusion. For the past several years, the OSCPA partnered with Vern Hoven to provide the OSCPA’s Federal Tax Update. Due to pending legal issues and feedback from past attendees, we are partnering with Mark Mirsky, CPA, CGMA, to lead this program for the 2018 fiscal year. Mark was a co-presenter at last year’s Federal Tax Updates and received some of our highest speaker ratings to date. We are excited to offer his expertise and knowledge to our membership.Your continued investment in OSCPA educational programs helps to ensure our long-standing tradition of providing the very best learning opportunities to our members. We appreciate your continued support and loyalty. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the OSCPA Learning Department.
- Understand recent developments as they impact businesses and individuals.
- Analyze entity choice and understand how to elect the proper entity.
- Learn how to educate clients on the taxation of cyptocurrency.
- Determine whether a client has Qualified Business Income (QBI) and how to compute it.
- Gain reliable and proactive tax planning advice.
CPAs in public practice and industry who need the latest information on recent administrative and legislative federal tax updates
- Impact of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 (TCJA) on individuals and businesses
- Discussion of the 2018 developments of the TCJA
- What type of entity choice makes sense?
- Taxation of businesses surrounding cryptocurrency
- Practical examples for computing Qualified Business Income
- Planning opportunities for all entities and individuals
- Estate and gift tax planning considerations
Mark Mirsky, CPA, MST, CGMA is a licensed CPA in Illinois with in-house corporate accounting experience and has worked in both large and small accounting firms. He has a Master’s in Taxation from University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign. In 2004 Mark co-founded ROI Business Services, LLC, where he leads the Taxation and Management Advisory Services.
With a focus on partnerships, S corporations, C corporations and multi-state taxation, Mirsky also provides assistance for business startups, the acquisition and disposition of businesses, international taxation and real estate.
Mirsky works with businesses and organizations across the country, including manufacturing/distribution, technology, web-based and construction companies, as well as service firms and medical practices. He also does individual taxes and tax planning.
Mirsky’s background includes working in the international tax group at one of the largest accounting firms in the world and for two middle-market firms focusing on closely held businesses, serving as a firm-wide resource for partnership and multistate taxation.
He is a tax instructor teaching partnerships, S corps and individual taxation for the AICPA and was an instructor at the National Tax Education Program for the AICPA. Mark is also a member of the AICPA, ILCPAS, Chairman of the Board for the Bartlett Chamber of Commerce and assistant Varsity boys and girls soccer coach for Bartlett High School.
Kathleen A. Naffier
Kathy Naffier, EAis a national instructor for ROI CPE, LLC. She is also a managing director for ROI Business Services, LLC. Naffier joined ROI in 2007 and provides comprehensive consulting and compliance services to ROI’s clients with a focus on S-corporation, partnership, C-corporation, sole proprietorship and individual clients. Naffier advises clients regarding business startups, entity choice issues and closely held business concerns. She works with businesses and individuals locally and around the country, and has experience with multi-state and international tax issues. Naffier also provides representation and tax resolution services.
Prior to ROI, Naffier built and managed a profitable tax and accounting practice for 14 years. She focused on business consulting and tax compliance for corporations, partnerships, sole proprietors and individual tax compliance and planning services. She was well-known for her educational speaking engagements regarding taxation, and entity choice and general business consulting topics.
Naffier has a BS in Accounting from Elmhurst College and is an Enrolled Agent, enrolled to represent taxpayers before the IRS. She is a member of the AICPA, the National Association of Enrolled Agents and the Illinois Society of Enrolled Agents.