4019 | On Demand | Basic | Scheduled
Robotic Process Automation Fundamentals for Accounting and Finance Professionals Certificate
Thursday, October 24, 2019 - Thursday, April 30, 2020
By 2020, 40% of manual accounting tasks are predicted to be automated, which can ensure a competitive advantage. With advanced preparation and strategy, rollout can be timely and result in significant hours saved.
This certificate will focus on robotic process automation benefits and how the use of software robots can enable your business or clients to become more competitive and agile. You will gain an understanding of the risks, opportunities, and organizational impact of automation while learning the decision criteria and key considerations needed to build a business case and run a successful proof-of-concept. You will also understand the steps and governance needed to implement or advise clients on how to implement successfully.
- Recognize what RPA is and its business value, with specific focus on accounting and finance functions.
- Identify the opportunities and use cases for automation.
- Recognize the decision criteria needed to build a business case.
- Recognize key risks and challenges that need to be addressed before implementing RPA.
- Recognize the governance and controls considerations for addressing automation risks.
- Recognize the key components to implementing RPA.
- Recognize the accounting, finance, and operational process implications of RPA.
- Recognize audit implications associated with RPA.
- Recognize future trends of automation.
Non-IT finance professionals, CFOs, controllers, management accountants, public accountants, partners, staff, managers, internal auditors and business process owners
- What RPA is and the business value of RPA
- RPA applications and use cases that make the most sense
- Decision criteria and steps needed to build a business case
- Considerations, risks, and challenges to implementing RPA
- Governance and controls considerations for a digital workforce
- Accounting, finance, and organizational impact of RPA
- How RPA might affect an audit
- Future of RPA and automation trends, with a focus on intelligent process automation (IPA)