402 | OSCPA Live | December 19
OSCPA Ethics - Oklahoma City
Tuesday, December 19, 2023 8:30am - 10:10am
CPAs have significant ethical responsibilities they must meet in the day-to-day performance of their jobs, and many times integrity is challenged if rules or expectations are not clearly defined. This course focuses on the ethical requirements CPAs must abide by in their everyday practice, while also identifying common ethical issues that occur every day in your work environment. This course is recommended to fulfill two hours of the Oklahoma Accountancy Board's ethics requirement.
Virtual Option: Can't join us in person? Join us virtually by signing up for the virtual option.
Please Note: The OSCPA has updated our Transfer Policy for in-person events. Find more information here.
- Understand why ethics are critical to CPAs and the accounting profession.
- Strengthen your foundation for ethical decision-making.
- Learn how to avoid situations that create ethical dilemmas.
- Understand the core principles of professional conduct.
- Learn from ethical situations and consequences.
- James S. Denton (view bio)
CPAs in public practice, industry, government or education needing to meet Oklahoma professional ethics requirements.
- Ethics and ethical behavior
- The core principles of professional conduct
- The AICPA Code of Professional Conduct
James S. Denton
James S. Denton, CPA, is a graduate of the University of Central Oklahoma and is partner emeritus of Arledge & Associates in Edmond, Okla. He is responsible for providing leadership to the firmâ€™s wealth management firm, Summit Capital Advisors, LLC. Additionally, he's served in various roles with the OSCPA, GFOA and the Oklahoma Accountancy Board.