404 | OSCPA Live | December 20
OSCPA Ethics - Oklahoma City
Tuesday, December 20, 2022 8:30am - 10:10am
CPAs have significant ethical responsibilities they must meet in the day-to-day performance of their jobs, and many times integrity is challenged if rules or expectations are not clearly defined. This course focuses on the ethical requirements CPAs must abide by in their everyday practice, while also identifying common ethical issues that occur every day in your work environment. This course is recommended to fulfill two hours of the Oklahoma Accountancy Board's ethics requirement.
Virtual Option: Can't join us in person? Join us virtually by signing up for the virtual option.
- Understand why ethics are critical to CPAs and the accounting profession.
- Strengthen your foundation for ethical decision-making.
- Learn how to avoid situations that create ethical dilemmas.
- Understand the core principles of professional conduct.
- Learn from ethical situations and consequences.
- Joshua L. Elder (view bio)
CPAs in public practice, industry, government or education needing to meet Oklahoma professional ethics requirements.
- Ethics and ethical behavior
- The core principles of professional conduct
- The AICPA Code of Professional Conduct
Joshua L. Elder
Josh Elder, CPA, has more than 10 years of experience providing assurances to both external clients and internally as part of an internal audit function. While in public accounting in a small firm, Josh worked on non-profit and privately held business in the manufacturing, retail, and fabrication fields, municipal and tribal governments, as well as employee benefit plans. He is a 2007 graduate of Southwestern Oklahoma State University and a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the Oklahoma Society of Certified Public Accountants. Josh was named a 2017 OSCPA Trailblazer and was selected to attend the AICPA Leadership Academy in 2018.