4042 | On Demand | Basic | Self-Study
Friday, May 1, 2020 - Friday, April 30, 2021
In this CPE course, you will learn about the financial accounting and reporting requirements related to investments for NFPs. Topics discussed in this course include fair value measurement, investments accounted for under the equity method, alternative investments, and the reporting of investment income, gains and losses. You will also learn about financial statement presentation and note disclosures related to an NFP's investments.
- Differentiate between short-term and long-term investments
- Identify the reporting requirements related to investments and investment income
- Recall the characteristics of investment pools
- Karen Craig
CPAs, financial professionals and NFP board members involved in financial reporting for NFPs or reviewing NFP financial statements.
- Common types NFP investments
- Recognition, measurement and valuation of investments subsequent to acquisition
- Investments accounted for under the equity method
- Alternative investments Investment pools
- Fair value hierarchy
- Accounting for investment income, gains and losses
- Financial statement presentation and required note disclosures