4045 | On Demand | Basic | Self-Study
Friday, May 1, 2020 - Friday, April 30, 2021
In this CPE course, you will learn about the accounting and reporting standards related to the most significant liabilities for many NFPs, including debt instruments such as notes and bonds, pension and other postretirement plan obligations, and other liabilities common to NFPs. In addition, this course discusses financial statement presentation and required note disclosures related to debt. You will work through several scenarios and examples.
- Identify liabilities common to NFPs
- Recall the accounting for an NFP's debt
- Recognize the disclosures required for an NFP's liabilities
- Karen Craig
CPAs, financial professionals and NFP board members involved in financial reporting for NFPs or reviewing NFP financial statements.
- Fair Value Measurement
- Debt instruments
- Taxable and tax-exempt bonds
- Debt extinguishment and modification transactions
- Debt issuance costs
- Pension and other defined benefit postretirement plan obligations
- Other liabilities
- Financial statement presentation and disclosure