4046 | On Demand | Basic | Self-Study
Fair Value Issues Specific to NFPs
Friday, May 1, 2020 - Friday, April 30, 2021
Fair value is widely used in accounting and financial reporting for all entities, including not-for-profits (NFPs). In this CPE course, you will learn about fair value measurement techniques for unique transactions that are a challenge for many not-for-profits, such as noncash contributions, promises to give, split-interest agreements, guarantees, and certain investments. You will have an opportunity to work through several real world examples and scenarios.
- Define fair value
- Identify accounting guidance related to fair value measurements
- Recall the transactions whose fair value measurement is challenging for NFPs
- Differentiate between the techniques used to measure the fair value of certain assets and liabilities
- Karen Craig
CPAs, financial professionals and NFP board members who need a basic overview of fair value issues specific to NFPs.
- Fair value measurement
- The fair value hierarchy
- Techniques to measure fair value
- Present value techniques
- Measurement approaches for valuing liabilities