4051 | On Demand | Basic | Self-Study
Not-for-Profit Tax Compliance Track
Friday, May 1, 2020 - Friday, April 30, 2021
The 8-hour CPE-eligible Tax Compliance bundle provides an overview of tax and compliance requirements that apply to tax-exempt, not-for-profit entities. This 5-course set covers topics such as activities that can jeopardize tax-exempt status, the public support test requirement, reconciling Form 990 to financial statements and much more.
- Differentiate between and recognize the basic compliance requirements of various types of tax-exempt organizations and recall the activities that a tax-exempt organizations should limit to protect its tax-exempt status
- Identify the various federal and state filing requirements, including the IRS Form 990 series of returns, state sales tax exemptions and charitable registrations
- Recall the structure and core components of Form 990 and related schedules and identify common adjustments needed to reconcile Form 990 to financial statements prepared in accordance with GAAP
- Recall when a tax-exempt organization may be subject to unrelated business income taxes (UBIT) and indentify the applicable filing requirements
- Recognize the unique compliance requirements and restrictions related to private foundations
CPA and non-CPA staff at small to mid-sized firms who perform not-for-profit financial reporting engagements, including partners and managers at these firms who wish to enter the NFP industry and need a basic understanding of the sector.
Board members and financial or non-financial staff members at not-for-profit organizations who are new to NFPs or who wish to expand on their understanding of the fundamental financial management issues that are unique to NFPs.