4057 | On Demand | Basic | Self-Study
Not-for-Profit Governance and Assurance Track
Friday, May 1, 2020 - Friday, April 30, 2021
The six courses in this track will provide a foundation in board governance, auditing and financial oversight of not-for-profit entities (NFPs) with a focus on governance practices, risk management, internal control, audit planning and preparation. Topics include auditor communications to those charged with governance, risk assessment and fraud prevention for NFPs
- Recall the roles and responsibilities that are typically assumed by an NFP's governing body and management
- Identify common risks faced by NFPS and apply the Enterprise Risk Management framework to identify and manage those risks
- Recall how to apply concepts of internal controls within the NFP reporting environment and governance structure
- Recognize techniques used to interpret an NFP's financial statements, prepare a budget and measure performance
- Identify the key steps to planning an audit and recall some of the basic documentation and procedures performed by an NFP's independent auditors
- Recognize and effectively respond to common fraud risks in NFPS
- Karen Craig
CPA and non-CPA staff at small to mid-sized firms who perform not-for-profit financial reporting engagements, including partners and managers at these firms who wish to enter the NFP industry and need a basic understanding of the sector.
Board members and financial or non-financial staff members at not-for-profit organizations who are new to NFPs or who wish to expand on their understanding of the fundamental financial management issues that are unique to NFPs.