4079 | On Demand | Intermediate | Self-Study
Aligning Mission and Strategy
Friday, May 1, 2020 - Friday, April 30, 2021
Not-for-profits (NFPs) vary significantly in their purpose, size, and complexity, but they all have one thing in common: they exist to fulfill a societal need or accomplish a public benefit. Strategic planning helps set priorities, allocate resources, and align staff and volunteers' efforts to effectively accomplish the NFP's mission. Successful NFPs have the ability to execute a clear strategy, monitor progress and evaluate results.
- Identify the role and responsibilities of an NFP's governing board as it relates to mission and strategy.
- Recall the steps to create a strategic plan.
- Determine how strategic planning may be applied at each stage of the NFP's life cycle.
- Cheryl Olson
CPAs, financial professionals and NFP staff and board members looking to deepen their existing knowledge of NFP financial responsibility, and set themselves apart as a leader in this field
- Role of the NFP's governing board
- Planning considerations for each stage of an NFP's organizational life cycle
- Business models
- Strategic planning
- Consensus-building strategies