4082 | On Demand | Intermediate | Self-Study
Performance Measurement for Not-for-Profits
Friday, May 1, 2020 - Friday, April 30, 2021
Not-for-profits (NFPs) have a double-bottom line - a financial bottom line reflecting a surplus or deficit and a second bottom line that measures achievement of a social impact or mission. A robust performance measurement system captures both dimensions of performance. It reveals a greater desire for accountability and helps communicate the organization's efficiency, effectiveness and ultimately its social impact to constituents and prospective donors. This CPE course offers detail-rich examples and case studies to help you apply proven techniques to measure performance in NFPs.
- Identify and quantify the program outputs and outcomes that accomplish an NFP's mission.
- Differentiate between financial and non-financial performance metrics that are relevant to an NFP's stakeholders.
- Use a performance measurement system to apply performance measurement techniques.
- Brian Bender
CPAs, financial professionals and NFP staff and board members looking to deepen their existing knowledge of NFP financial responsibility, and set themselves apart as a leader in this field
- Mission as a guide to priorities
- Theory of change
- Identifying stakeholders
- Financial efficiency and program effectiveness metrics
- Input-impact model
- Sources of performance data
- Dashboard reporting and benchmarking
- Aligning employee compensation to performance