4101 | On Demand | Basic | Self-Study
Family Law Engagements
Friday, May 1, 2020 - Friday, April 30, 2021
This course provides a high-level overview of the divorce process and the roles of Forensic Accountants that work on the financial aspects of divorce cases. Our overview employs two different situations to give learners a broad understanding of the field and what is expected.
- Describe the different types of divorce cases
- Explain the different roles of a forensic accountant in divorce cases
- Describe the qualifications a forensic accountant needs to take on a divorce case
- Define tracing and valuation and its importance in a divorce case.
- Describe the phases of a divorce case (discovery, findings etc) from a forensic accountants perspective
- Discuss the importance of learning and following each state's family law guidelines
- David Gresen