60203 | Webcasts & Webinars | Intermediate | Scheduled
Surgent's Industry Accountant Toolkit (IATK)
Wednesday, June 20, 2018 8:00am - 4:00pm
This course will explore some of the most essential tools for measuring financial and operational success, as well as improving results. Appendices will be provided to give students hands-on applicable materials that can be utilized after completion of the course.
- Understand the importance of conducting strategic and operational risk analysis for all facets of business
- Understand and utilize the Altman Z-Score calculation for determining corporate viability
- Understand and utilize an ROIC Tree
- Calculate the Economic Value Added for a business
- Calculate and utilize the Critical Ratio for supply chain management
- Calculate the External Funds Needed for a business
- Understand the impact of debt vs. equity financing
- Identify key elements of lean accounting and process activity mapping
- Frank Ryan (view bio)
CPAs in public and private practice
- Key tools used by businesses and financial professionals across the globe to measure performance
- Detailed, real-world examples of businesses utilizing these tools
Frank Ryan, CPA, CGMA, MBA, is president of a management consulting firm specializing in turnarounds, workouts, crisis management, strategic planning and working capital management. He has extensive experience working with banks in negotiating forbearance agreements, loan workouts, capital restructuring, vendor negotiations and bank lending requirements. Mr. Ryan Is a leading expert in Lean Operations and Management and has implemented numerous lean applications for organizations.
Prior to his consulting business, Mr. Ryan was the chief operating officer of a mid-sized manufacturing company. Additionally, he has served as the chairman of the Audit Committees of two publicly traded companies and has extensive board level experience in for-profit and nonprofit arenas.
Mr. Ryan is currently President of the Board of Directors of the Good Shepherd Center in Maryland, and is on the Audit Committee of the Archdioceses of Baltimore.
He is a retired Colonel in the United States Marine Corps and has served in numerous contingency operations that include Haiti, Afghanistan and Iraq.
Mr. Ryan is a multi-year recipient of the AICPA Outstanding Discussion Leader Award.