62781 | Webcasts & Webinars | Update | Scheduled
Surgent's Annual Accounting and Auditing Update (ACAU)
Monday, November 30, 2020 8:00am - 4:00pm
Designed for accounting and attestation practitioners at all levels in both public accounting and business and industry, this course provides a comprehensive review of recent standard setting activities of the FASB and AICPA. In addition to providing a status update on Topic 606 implementation, this course will bring you up-to-date on recently issued FASB and AICPA standards. The course also provides many hands-on examples and illustrations to help you apply the guidance in practice.
In the course, you will review all issued FASB ASUs which will become effective over the next few years, including a deeper dive into Topic 842, Leases and Topic 326 on Impairment. The course will also discuss best practices from the adoption of Topic 606 and ways to both sustain and improve the reporting of revenue going forward.
Next, we will discuss new and proposed AICPA standards related to auditor's report and other topics, proposed changes to the SSARS in order to comply with international standards and provide an update on peer review and other audit quality issues. Lastly, we'll cover other topics of interest to accountants in both industry and public accounting.
- Keep abreast of current private company advocacy activities of the PCC
- Review and apply recently issued and proposed FASB and AICPA pronouncements
- Understand SSARS No. 21 and related guidance relating to the preparation of financial statements and new guidance on compilations and reviews
- Recall common audit quality issues and concerns
- Be familiar with other important A&A practice matters you should be aware of
- Utilize hands-on examples and illustrations to increase your overall understanding and application of the material
- Richard Daisley (view bio)
Accounting and auditing practitioners at all levels desiring to remain up-to-date on recent pronouncements and other standard setters' activities
- Private company standard setting activities
- Recently issued FASB Accounting Standards Updates
- Leases -- Topic 842
- Impairment -- Topic 326
- Lessons learned from the adoption of Topic 606
- Other items on the FASB’s Technical Agenda
- Recently issued SASs and other AICPA and PCAOB activity
- SSARS No. 21, Clarification and Recodification and other recently issued and proposed SSARS
- Peer review and other audit quality issues
- Other important A&A practice matters
Rich Daisley, CPA, Rich is an CPA and has over 25 years of experience in the accounting and auditing field. He has worked in both the client service setting as well as in internal capacities as a facilitator of accounting and auditing courses. He was an assurance manager with PwC, spending time in both the assurance practice as well as with PwC’s Capital Markets and Accounting Advisory Services group, where he advised clients on the implementation of new accounting pronouncements as well as on issues related to public offerings. He also worked in PECO Energy’s Merger and Acquisition group, where he performed financial due diligence that supported PECO’s acquisition activity in the energy sector. He has experience in the manufacturing, health care, energy and pharmaceutical industries.
Rich also has over ten years of experience as a course developer and facilitator, creating and leading training courses on such topics as revenue recognition, stock based compensation, equity instruments and performing integrated audits under the Sarbanes-Oxley legislation. He also designed and delivered courses on instructor development and facilitation skills to senior PwC internal course instructors.