7005C | OSCPA Live | December 4
Don Farmer Individual Income Tax Workshop - VIRTUAL
Monday, December 4, 2023 8:00am - 4:00pm
In this course, we review current year developments and planning ideas affecting individual, corporate and business income taxation using a combination of humor and examples. We will emphasize all major new tax legislation as well as other significant tax developments that affect 2023 tax return preparation and 2023 tax planning for individuals, corporations and non-corporate businesses.
- To review major developments in federal income taxation for individuals, corporations, and other businesses having the greatest impact on participants, their clients, and their companies.
- The course will emphasize developments affecting 2023 returns and tax planning, including any new 2023 legislation, important regulations, rulings, and court cases.
- The seminar is designed to update participants concerning 2023 tax developments emphasizing practical solutions to problems and tax planning opportunities.
- Don Farmer
Individuals who prepare individual income tax returns or who engage in individual income tax planning.
- The Child Tax Credit, Dependent Care Credit, Premium Tax Credit and Earned Income Credit
- Tax Free Forgiveness Of Student Loans
- Charitable Contribution Deductions
- The Kiddie Tax
- Taxation of Damage Awards
- Tax Benefits For Education including The American Opportunity Tax Credit
- Capital Gains And Losses
- Â§1031 Exchanges
- Qualified Opportunity Funds
- Gain Exclusion Upon Sale Of Principal Residence
- Qualified Plans and Individual Retirement Accounts (including changes made by SECURE Act 2.0)
- Interest Deductions, including the Home Mortgage Interest Deduction
- Medical Expenses
- Deduction For State And Local Taxes
- Home Office Deductions; Hobby Losses
- The Passive Activity Limitations.