SS400 | OSCPA Self Study
OSCPA Ethics - Self-Study
Monday, May 1, 2023 - Tuesday, April 30, 2024
CPAs have significant ethical responsibilities they must meet in the day-to-day performance of their jobs, and many times integrity is challenged if rules or expectations are not clearly defined. This course focuses on the ethical requirements CPAs must abide by in their everyday practice, while also identifying common ethical issues that occur every day in your work environment. This course is recommended to fulfill two hours of the Oklahoma Accountancy Board's ethics requirement.
Please Note: This event was originally recorded on 8/22/23. Course must be completed prior to 4/30/24 for credit.
- Understand why ethics are critical to CPAs and the accounting profession.
- Strengthen your foundation for ethical decision-making.
- Learn how to avoid situations that create ethical dilemmas.
- Understand the core principles of professional conduct.
- Learn from ethical situations and consequences.
- James S. Denton (view bio)
CPAs in public practice, industry, government or education needing to meet Oklahoma professional ethics requirements.
- Ethics and ethical behavior
- The core principles of professional conduct
- The AICPA Code of Professional Conduct
James S. Denton
James S. Denton, CPA, is a graduate of the University of Central Oklahoma and is partner emeritus of Arledge & Associates in Edmond, Okla. He is responsible for providing leadership to the firmâ€™s wealth management firm, Summit Capital Advisors, LLC. Additionally, he's served in various roles with the OSCPA, GFOA and the Oklahoma Accountancy Board.