SS720 | On Demand | Intermediate | Self-Study
1040 Tax Return Workshop
Thursday, March 1, 2018 - Tuesday, April 30, 2019
Staying current on the fast-paced changes within tax is challenging, yet critical. The comprehensive 1040 Tax Return Workshop, provides the latest practical insights from a nationally recognized tax expert. Reinforce your understanding of frequently used principles and receive a wealth of tax-planning tips and strategies. Look at the most recent tax laws and other developments affecting individuals. Learn how to apply the latest changes when preparing federal income tax returns and advise clients on new developments and tax-saving ideas for individuals. All key tax return issues are covered during this fast-paced, real-world course.
- Apply the latest changes when preparing federal individual income tax returns.
- Advise individual clients on new developments and tax saving ideas.
- Wendy Kravit (view bio)
CPAs working with clients or employers requiring up-to-date expertise in individual income taxation for the current tax season
- New tax developments
- Protecting Americans From Tax Hikes Act (PATH Act)
- Medicare surtax on net investment income
- Health insurance tax credit, other tax credits
- Dividends, interest, and planning opportunities
- Compensation issues, deferred plans, fringe benefits
- Distributions from IRAs and other qualified plans
- Gross income exclusions
- Passive losses
- Vacation homes, home offices, bad debts
- Travel and entertainment
- Depreciation and amortization
- Gain and loss recognition and basis rules
- Property transactions - capital gain versus ordinary income
- Self-employed health insurance, alimony, and other adjustments to income
- Itemized deductions
Wendy Kravit, CPA, MBA, started her career working for the Internal Revenue Service. After spending a few years with the government, she left to join the faculty of Northern Illinois University where she taught federal taxation for 12 years.