SS721 | On Demand | Update | Self-Study
Accounting and Auditing Update for Small Businesses
Thursday, March 1, 2018 - Tuesday, April 30, 2019
Geared toward practitioners who provide accounting and auditing services to small businesses, this CPE course updates you on the new accounting, auditing, compilation, and review standards and other professional guidance that impact small businesses and their auditors. Materials include practical applications of the topics covered to help you understand the standards and apply them to real-life scenarios. With the rate of change in today's regulatory environment, you must stay current on the topics impacting the profession. Your clients are counting on you!
- Understand and apply recently issued FASB standards and guidance.
- Assess the effect on small businesses of recently issued auditing standards, attestation standards, and standards on accounting and review services.
- Become familiar with exposure drafts and other projects in accounting, auditing, compilation, preparation, and review services.
- Kurt G. Oestriecher (view bio)
CPAs who require a comprehensive review of recent accounting and auditing pronouncements as they relate to small businesses
- Accounting and attestation standards updates
- SSAE Clarity Project
- ARSC's Clarity Project
- FASB projects-financial instruments
- Private company financial reporting
- IFRS in the United States-an update
- Impact of the current environment on audit planning
Kurt G. Oestriecher
Kurt G. Oestriecher, CPA is partner in charge of accounting and auditing services with Oestriecher & Company, CPAs in Alexandria, Louisiana, and has been with the firm since 1986.
In addition to his client responsibilities, Kurt has been in education since 1988 when he was an adjunct instructor of accounting at Northwestern State University and LSU at Alexandria. He later began teaching CPE courses for the Society of Louisiana CPAs (LCPA) and eventually for many vendors nationwide. He received the Outstanding Discussion Leader Award from the LCPA in 1998, 2006 and 2010. He was named an AICPA Outstanding Discussion Leader in 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Kurt has been very active in both the LCPA and the AICPA, was President of the LCPA in 2002-2003 and chaired numerous LCPA committees. Kurt has served on the AICPA Accounting and Review Services Committee and the Joint Trial Board of the AICPA and has served two terms on AICPA Council. He is currently serving as Chair of the LCPA Professional Ethics Committee.