SS723 | On Demand | Advanced | Self-Study
Advanced Controller and CFO Skills
Thursday, March 1, 2018 - Tuesday, April 30, 2019
This CPE course examines best practices of leading-edge controllers and CFOs. Demonstrate your advanced skills that add value and contribute to the success of the organization. You will learn 10 specific skills every CFO or controller needs to be successful, and you will find that you suddenly have more power and influence than you ever thought possible. Show the company's leadership how vital you are to their profitability.
- Identify the 10 critical skills that add value to your company and boost your career.
- Align your personal goals with the organization's mission and improve your skills in five key areas needed for success.
- Know how to become a powerful agent for positive change and an advocate and coach for your team.
- Be the leader that the firm needs you to be.
- Ron Rael (view bio)
Controllers and CFOs with at least four years of leadership experience and the desire to expand in their role
- Isolate the critical skills and attitudes to be effective in the future
- Become an effective coach
- Development of measurable missions and strategies
- Aligning a firm's strategies with its internal reporting system
- Selling ideas and generating "buy-in" from others
- Recognition of and response to the need for constant change and adaptation
- Developing a tailored action plan suitable to specific needs
Ron Rael, CPA, is the CEO and founder of the High Road™ Institute. He is a thought-leader for the CPA profession on leadership and Controllership/CFO topics. His 40 years of industry experience comes from working in two fortune 500 companies, as well as from leading accounting teams in numerous closely held industry leaders.
Ron is the developer of courses, webcasts, and self-study materials for 12 AICPA courses. His work has been published by numerous state societies and CIMA. His extensive catalog of books and materials include topics such as: leadership, professionalism, customer service, budgeting, accountability, governance, negotiating, risk management, consulting, strategic planning, controllership, and role of the CFO.
Ron is a graduate (summa cum laude) of National University and gained his credentials with KPMG and Moss Adams. Rael has earned a rating of 4.73 in knowledge and 4.86 in presentation, based on a 5.0 scale, from past OSCPA CPE attendees.