SUS391 | Vendor Self Study
Surgent's Top Ten Questions from Partnership Clients Regarding the Section754 Election
Monday, May 1, 2023 - Tuesday, April 30, 2024
As litigation becomes more complex, attorneys are relying more on accountants to serve as consulting experts or expert witnesses at trial. Serving as an expert witness is not as difficult as you might expect. Accounting experts educate lawyers and jurors on issues such as valuation, tax liability, and forensics. Learn how accountants become expert witnesses, the role they play during pre-litigation through to trial, and the techniques experts employ to avoid challenges from opposing counsel.
- Be familiar with the practical issues surrounding Section 754 and its application
- Effectively advise clients on these complex issues
Accounting and financial professionals seeking to fortify their Section 754 knowledge base
- How does a partner compute his or her basis in a partnership?
- What is the difference between a partner’s inside and outside basis?
- What is the difference between a partner’s capital account and partner’s outside basis?
- How does Section 732(d) impact the buyer of a partnership interest?
- How does a partnership report a Section 754 election on the partnership’s tax return?
- How does a partnership make a Section 754 election?
- How does a partnership make a Section 743(b) adjustment?
- How does a partnership make a Section 734(b) adjustment?
- How is a Section 743(b) adjustment or Section 734(b) adjustment allocated to the assets of a partnership?
- How is a Section 743(b) adjustment allocated within the class of ordinary income property and capital gain property?