With all the changes COVID-19 has brought, we understand you may have questions and concerns regarding continuing education offered by the Society, click here to learn more.
The following sections address the most commonly asked questions about CPE topics, policies and procedures. Use the links below for quick navigation to the topic in question. If you cannot find an answer to your question, please contact the Education Department at (800) 522-8261.
- Substitutions, Transfers and Cancellations
- Money on Account Policy
- Payment in Full Policy
- Fees and Discounts
- Webcast, Simulcast and On-Demand Purchases/Credit
- General Course Hours and Locations
- Certificates of Attendance and CPE Transcripts
- Walk-In Registrations
- Course Cancellation Policy
- Weather Cancellation Policy
- Miscellaneous Policies
OSCPA Seminars, Live Streams, Virtual Events and Conferences:
You may substitute another person at any time with no additional charge. Please notify the OSCPA of the substitution as soon as possible.
You may transfer your registration to another course.
- Additional fees would pertain if the new course is more expensive, in which case the difference would be charged.
- Those transferring from the in-person to virtual option of an event within two weeks of the event date will incur a switch fee.
You may cancel a registration any time, but fees may be incurred.
- If a cancellation notice is given more than two weeks out from a course date, registration fees can be refunded back to the original form of payment used or added as a credit to Money on Account.
- If a cancellation notice is given less than two weeks out from a course date, a $25 administrative fee will be charged. Remaining registration fees can either be refunded back to the original form of payment used or added as a credit to Money on Account.
- If a cancellation notice is given within 24 hours of the course date, no refund will be issued. Refunds are also not issued for "no shows" the day of the course.
- Once course e-materials have been downloaded, no refund will be issued.
Contact the Education Department at (800) 522-8261 regarding any substitutions, transfers or cancellations.
Webcasts are subject to the cancellation policies from the various CPE vendors that partner with the OSCPA. Check with the CPE department or contact the vendor directly with any questions.
Vendor and OSCPA On-Demand/Self-Study Courses
All on-demand and self-study courses are final sale. No refund will be given for any substitutions, transfers or cancellations. This policy includes vendor provided on-demand courses, CPAFOCUS self-study courses and the AICPA's Professional Ethics Course.
Money on account (MOA) credit can be used to pay for course registrations. MOA credits do not expire and can be used by logging into your OSCPA account or by contacting the OSCPA Education Department.
E-materials are provided at no cost for all OSCPA courses. E-materials can be accessed from the My CPE section on the website starting one week prior and ending one week after each course date. An email will be sent before each course, reminding attendees that the e-materials are ready to be accessed, downloaded and/or printed. Once e-materials have been downloaded, no course refunds will be issued. All course materials are protected by copyright, and reproduction, resale or sharing of any materials is expressly prohibited.
The OSCPA accepts all major credit cards, checks and purchase orders for payment of CPE courses. If payment has not been received by the course date, you will still be allowed to attend, but your CPE certificate will be withheld until the balance has been paid in full. Webcasts and on-demand courses must be paid in full before access to the course will be granted.
Early Bird Discount
Some courses offer an Early Bird discount to participants who register in advance. OSCPA members, members of other state CPA societies and non-CPA staff who work for an OSCPA member all qualify for the OSCPA member discount.
AICPA Member Discount
AICPA members receive an additional $30 discount on 8-hour AICPA-sponsored seminars. Contact the Membership department to verify your AICPA membership is on file.
Unless your firm or company has made specific prior arrangements with the OSCPA, all webcasts, live streams, virtual and on-demand courses are for individual viewing only. All attendees who view webcasts or live streams must be registered through the OSCPA or CPE program provider, regardless of whether attendees need CPE credit or not. Firms and companies are prohibited from using webcast, simulcast or on-demand program content to provide in-house CPE credit.
If you are registered for a webcast, live stream or virtual event and need technical assistance, please contact the vendor directly for the most immediate service.
CPE certificates will be emailed to participants within one week of the event. Certificates will be withheld if the course has not been paid for in full. CPE certificates and transcripts can also be accessed from the My CPE section of the website.
The OSCPA is able to accommodate walk-in and last minute registrations at most events. However, we cannot guarantee availability. Be sure to sign up for courses well in advance when possible, or contact the OSCPA to check availability.
The OSCPA reserves the right to cancel a course due to low registrations. Upon course cancellation, all registered attendees will be notified. Registration fees will be refunded in full, a credit can be placed on Money on Account or attendees can choose to transfer to another course. The OSCPA is not responsible for expenses incurred for cancelled travel arrangements. Early registration is encouraged to help avoid course cancellations.
While the OSCPA strives to hold scheduled courses, inclement weather sometimes does not make this possible. If the OSCPA office is closed, the course facility is closed or if the OSCPA determines weather is too severe, the OSCPA reserves the right to cancel or reschedule a course, or move the event to virtual. If a course is cancelled, registered attendees will be notified as soon as possible. Registration fees will be refunded in full, a credit can be placed on Money on Account or attendees can choose to transfer to another course. The OSCPA is not responsible for expenses incurred for cancelled travel arrangements.
- The opinions expressed by discussion leaders are not necessarily those of the OSCPA.
- The prices, dates, locations and discussion leaders for courses listed in the CPE catalog are subject to change. The OSCPA reserves the right to make changes as necessary and notify attendees accordingly.
- Attendees should keep cell phones on silent or turned off during courses in order to ensure an optimum learning environment.
- Attendees are encouraged to dress in layers when attending CPE courses, regardless of the season, since it is difficult to manage temperatures in large spaces and each attendee has their own level of comfort for different climates.
- Smoking, firearms, pets and children are not allowed at OSCPA events. Exceptions include service animals meeting the ADA requirements and special events where family members are invited to attend.
- The OSCPA is also an approved CPE Sponsor by the Texas State Board of Public Accountancy for Texas CPAs. The OSCPA's Texas Sponsor ID is: 000038.
- If you are interested in speaking for the OSCPA, please complete our Discussion Leader On-Boarding Form.
- The OSCPA strives to accommodate all participants and their needs. Please submit any special requirements or requests in writing by emailing the OSCPA.