Thanks to donations from OSCPA members, at its April meeting, the OSCPA Educational Foundation Trustees voted to award more than $32,000 in scholarships to 42 students across Oklahoma.
Recipients include nine students from East Central University, one student from Northeastern State University, one student from Oklahoma City Community College, seven students from Oklahoma State University, five students from Southwestern Oklahoma State University, four students from the University of Central Oklahoma, 10 students from the University of Oklahoma and one student from the University of Tulsa. Additionally, four high school students from Morrison, Norman, Piedmont and Red Oak each received $250 scholarships.
Trustees awarded special scholarships to the following students:
- The Beale Family Scholarship was awarded to Amber Elston from East Central University.
- The Retha Duggan Scholarship was awarded to Cordell Collins from Oklahoma State University.
- The Ruthann Fairbairn Scholarship was awarded to Desiree Balmori from the University of Oklahoma.
- The Rick Kells Memorial Scholarship was awarded to Abbie Winchester from Oklahoma State University.
- The Micah B. Steelman Memorial Scholarship was awarded to Jacob Neufeld from the University of Central Oklahoma.
- The Jess Thomas Fund Memorial Scholarship was awarded to Allison Weller from the University of Central Oklahoma.
- The Randy Thurman Business Scholarship was awarded to Brayden Pitner from Oklahoma City Community College.
The Educational Foundation sincerely thanks the generous donors who made the named scholarships possible and to all those who give to the Educational Foundation to help accounting students become Oklahoma CPAs and future members of the OSCPA.
The OSCPA Educational Foundation is critical to the continued development of the CPA profession in Oklahoma, supporting deserving students who are pursuing accounting degrees across the state. Tax-deductible gifts make it possible for us to support the best and brightest accounting students in Oklahoma. To make a donation, please visit www.oscpa.com/about/educational-foundation.