The OSCPA hosted its first ever virtual business meeting on June 3. Henry Bickerstaff, CPA, the outgoing OSCPA Board of Directors Chair, opened the meeting and offered his thoughts on this past year, also of historical significance and change. Next, Christy Sughru, CPA, the incoming OSCPA Board of Directors Chair, addressed attendees with her hopes for the OSCPA as we move forward and mold unavoidable changes into extraordinary opportunities.
While about 70 attendees witnessed history, new officers and their leadership positions were announced:
- Christy D. Sughru, CPA, owner of CD Sughru, PLLC in Edmond, Oklahoma, will serve as board chair. She has been a member for 12 years.
- Sharon L. Haley, CPA, a supervisor with the Internal Revenue Service in Oklahoma City, will serve as chair-elect. She has been a member for 15 years.
- Janese C. Chepard, CPA, CGMA, a partner with Gray, Blodgett & Company, PLLC in Norman, Oklahoma, will serve as vice chair. She has been a member for 18 years.
- Ross McKinney, CPA, a trust officer with Bank of Oklahoma in Tulsa, Oklahoma, will serve as secretary. He has been a member for eight years.
- Vicky C. Petete, CPA, CGMA, executive vice president and CFO with Vision Bank in Ada, will serve as treasurer. She has been a member for 39 years.
- Henry Bickerstaff, CPA, a sole practitioner in Alva, Oklahoma, will serve as immediate past board chair. He has been a member for 41 years.
Directors at large include:
- Larry T. Smith, CPA, CFE, a senior program analyst with Cherokee Nation in Tahlequah, Oklahoma;
- Amber Jones, CPA, CGMA, chief accounting officer with Templar Energy LLC in Oklahoma City;
- Ray Spencer, CPA, a tax manager with Stanfield + O’Dell in Tulsa;
- Rob Sellers, CPA, executive director with Opportunity Scholarship Fund in Tulsa;
- Mark Neumeister, CPA, CGMA, a director with D.R. Payne & Associates, Inc. in Oklahoma City; and
- Josh Elder, CPA, an audit manager with Peters & Chandler PC in Oklahoma City.
Ted Blodgett, CPA, ABV, JD, CGMA, managing partner with Gray, Blodgett & Company, PLLC in Norman, will serve as ex-officio director and AICPA Council representative.
If you missed the live virtual presentation, check out the recording below: