This year, the OSCPA's seminar and conference manuals will only be available electronically as PDFs, making them easy to view on your personal electronic devices.
Why the new approach?
- It is important to have the most current information. The PDF link that we share with you one week prior to the event will be the most current information.
- Paperless eliminates the need to store or collect those manuals on your desk or in your office.
- Instead of flipping through multiple printed pages to find a definition, act or rule, you can use the shortcut "Ctrl F" and type the word or phrase you are wanting to find, saving a lot of time.
- Going paperless is environmentally friendly and saves trees!
1) What if I want a printed copy of the manual?
If you would like a printed copy, download the manual from the My CPE section of the website and print it prior to the course. Printed manuals will no longer be created and distributed onsite.
2) When can I download my manual?
Electronic manuals are available for viewing, downloading and printing one week prior and one week after the course date. You will receive an email one week prior to the course indicating you can download the manual. You will receive another reminder the day before the course. Since some facility WiFi can be unreliable, we recommend you download and save the materials in advance.
3) How can I view the downloaded materials?
Manuals can be viewed on your laptop, tablet or even your cell phone. Or, you can print them prior to the course and bring them with you.
4) How will the manuals be formatted?
All manuals will be converted to an electronic PDF format. We recommend having Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat, version 7.0 or higher.
5) What options are available to annotate my manual in PDF format?
You can annotate your manuals using the following:
- Adobe Acrobat version 7.0 or higher
- Nitro - free PDF software
- iPad - users with iOS 11 or newer can annotate within the iBooks application that comes standard on all devices. Those with an older iOS should purchase iAnnotate or another annotate app to use with their e-book
- Kindle Fire - users must purchase an app such as ezPDF or another annotate app in order to access bookmarks and annotation
6) How do I annotate/comment on my downloaded manual?
Here is a page with detailed instructions on how to mark up and add comments to a PDF.
Note: If materials have been scanned, highlighting and commenting will not be accessible.
7) Am I expected to print the PDF files after they are downloaded?
We encourage attendees to use their materials electronically, allowing for annotation and highlighting. The OSCPA is offering paperless manuals as a way for attendees to easily access and save course materials by utilizing common technology and programs.
8) May I share my manual PDF with others?
All manuals for OSCPA events are copyrighted and permissions to download or print is granted exclusively to the paid participant of the event.
9) Need help or have questions?
Call or email the OSCPA Learning Department at (800) 522-8261 or email@example.com.