The OSCPA released the names of its 2019 Trailblazers and Path Finders in conjunction with the March/April special issue of the society’s magazine, CPAFOCUS. Only 10 Trailblazers were selected and only five Path Finders were selected.
The Trailblazer program was established in 2010 to recognize the innovation, professional dedication and community commitment of the OSCPA’s New CPAs, defined as members who are under the age of 40 and have five or fewer years of CPA experience. This is the first year for OSCPA Path Finders, an elite group of Oklahoma CPAs who are successful, well respected and devoted to their communities who are also deeply involved in mentoring new CPAs, welcoming them to the profession and showing them ways to be successful.
“The OSCPA Trailblazers program has been a tremendous opportunity for the membership to see the young talent that will lead our profession in the future,” said OSCPA Chairman of the Board Neil Jay, CPA, ABV. “While we celebrate the Trailblazers, we also recognize an equally important member of the OSCPA—mentors. Without mentors, there wouldn’t be Trailblazers.”
The 2019 honorees will be celebrated at the OSCPA’s 101st Annual Members Meeting on June 7, 2019, in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma.
The 2019 Trailblazers are:
- Lizzy Duda, CPA; director of Finance at AMTRA Capital Partners in Tulsa;
- Zach Dudley, CPA, ABV; a tax manager with Regier Washecheck & Jones in Oklahoma City;
- Miranda Goolsbay, CPA; an investment operations manager with George Kaiser Family Foundation in Tulsa;
- James Gripka, CPA; a director with BKD CPAs & Advisors in Oklahoma City;
- Amanda Halverson, CPA; a manager with Eide Bailly in Oklahoma City;
- Hannah Hankey, CPA; a senior associate II with BKD CPAs & Advisors in Enid;
- Derek Pettifer, CPA; an audit senior with Stanfield + O’Dell in Tulsa;
- Melanie Ramseyer, CPA; an auditor with Peters & Chandler in Oklahoma City;
- Crystal Stasyszen, CPA; a tax senior with HoganTaylor in Oklahoma City; and
- Somer Torres, CPA; an audit manager with Grant Thornton in Tulsa.
The 2019 Path Finders are:
- Janice L. Gray, CPA, CVA, CGMA; a managing partner with Gray, Blodgett & Company in Norman;
- Carlos E. Johnson, CPA; a sole practitioner and part-time consultant for BKD CPAs & Advisors in Oklahoma City;
- Karen Kirchman, CPA, CGMA; a shareholder with Stanfield + O’Dell in Tulsa;
- Todd J. Lisle, CPA, ABV, CIA; a managing partner with BKD CPAs & Advisors who used to be in Oklahoma City and is now in the Dallas, Texas, area; and
- Vicky C. Petete, CPA, CGMA; executive vice president and CFO with Vision Bank, NA in Ada.
Look for the 2019 March/April issue of CPAFOCUS to learn more about each of the deserving honorees.
The OSCPA accepts nominations from members and non-members every year during summer and fall. For more information about OSCPA awards or the 101st Annual Members Meeting, visit www.oscpa.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org.