The OSCPA takes your health and comfort very seriously.
With all the changes COVID-19 has brought, we understand you may have questions and concerns regarding continuing education offered by the Society.
The safety of our attendees, discussion leaders and staff is always top of mind and our number one priority is to continue offering CPE options as safely as possible with the same quality and quantity you have come to expect.
You can always browse our course catalog for the current offerings. Here are a few specific things we are doing:
Summer 2020 - Virtual Events Only Through September 30th
For the safety of all, and to give us time to prepare our classroom, we have moved all CPE events (conferences, seminars and Lunch + Learns) between now and September 30th to virtual-only events.
- We will continue offering webcast and self-study options.
- We will work with vendors weekly to add new COVID-related offerings to the course catalog.
- We are working closely with our speakers to ensure their comfort with speaking virtually.
- We are seeking any feedback that will help us tweak programming for the better.
- We have moved to a new webcast platform that is more user-friendly to provide you a seamless experience.
Fall/Winter 2020 - Blend of In-Person and Virtual Events
At this time, it is our intention to resume in-person CPE events (conferences, seminars and Lunch + Learns) starting October 1st.
However, we have made the decision to move all live Tulsa seminars through December 31st to virtual-only.
We understand you might still feel uneasy with meeting in person. So, we have added live stream options to all of our conferences and seminars for the fall.
When live events resume in September, the OSCPA will take the following precautions:
- Follow all city, state and federal COVID-19 guidelines
- Request that attendees follow all city, state and federal COVID-19 guidelines while attending an OSCPA event
- If needed, limit in-person seating to allow for social distancing
- Take extra cleaning measures to sanitize the OSCPA Learning Center
- Work with hotel staff to ensure conference spaces are clean and sanitized
- Provide gloves, masks and hand sanitizer onsite to those who would like them
- Provide disposable name tags
- Implement a no-contact check-in and check-out process
- Update food protocols to provide the safest option
- Move live events to online-only offerings when necessary
- Omit concurrent sessions for 2020 conferences
Since our discussion leaders are traveling from across the nation, it might become necessary to move our live event to a virtual event and/or have the speaker present virtually. If you are registered for an event that is affected, you will be notified of the changes and allowed to make changes to your registration if needed.
While we might move events to virtual events, it is our intention to continue offering you the education you have come to depend on.
Please Note: An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. By attending this event, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we make adjustments during these trying times. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need help going virtual?
We are aware many are entering an online classroom for the first time. Whether you're eager or reluctant to face these changes, the OSCPA is here to help you adjust and answer questions along the way.